As we prepare for our showings, here are a few important things to remember:
- Kristy will bring a print out of each home we are viewing.
- Write out all the things you love about each house on the home stat sheets.
- Wear comfortable slip on shoes as we may be asked to remove our shoes in some homes.
- Dress for the weather. The walkway or driveway may be snowy, icy, muddy, etc. The house may or may not have AC or heat.
- Park in the driveway of the homes we view. Kristy will always park on the street to make it easy for you access the driveway.
- Vacant houses may not have any utilities turned on.
- Don’t assume we’ll be able to use the restroom so plan accordingly.
- Focus on the property not their furnishings, artwork, etc. as you’re buying the property not their stuff.
- Avoid touching furniture or personal items as we don’t want to be responsible should something break.
- The home inspection comes AFTER a contract is agreed upon and signed by both the buyer and seller. During a typical showing we should not be in the crawl spaces, attic, etc.
- Some sellers will have Nanny Cams in their homes so be aware of what you say and do. Don’t talk about how much you can afford, what kind of offer you want to make on the home, etc. while in the house in case someone is listening.
- If sellers are home, be careful not to give too much away about yourself and why you’re buying as that information could hurt us later during the negotiation process.
- Bring drinks and snacks as looking at lots of homes can be grueling!
Now let’s go see some homes!